Monday, August 4, 2008

Four Divorces and Your Funeral

Let's start up a web site for Hollywood wedding altar scenes. There's plenty of material to mine: the Graduate, Wedding Crashers, Four Weddings and a Funeral etc etc. etc.
I understand that the cliched drama factor of everyone watching the vows in action is a natural for last-minute confessions of true love, but in terms of confrontations, let's have some more good divorce scenes. Half of all marriages end up splitting up; the bride and groom should have some practice before their frequently ill-advised unions implode on them. They should at least have a movie about it.
I'm already way behind everyone in terms of getting the old ball and chain, but now there seems to be a plague of divorces among those who know me. I'd love to say "I told you so" but I didn't.
I can imagine the pull-quotes on my my movie's ads. "Heart-Warming" could be "Heartless." "No One in the Audience Stood Up and Clapped," "Love Conquers One Guy, the rest Back-Stab each other and Call Their Lawyers." "The children blame themselves, as they probably should." "It will leave you weeping inconsolably - for months, possibly years"
Then again, how would you get the drama of the altar scenes? All Hollywood has given us is jilted women throwing mens clothes out the window. We can do better.

4 comments:

Kleingärtner said...

Who's getting divorced--besides me?

Rambler said...

you're getting divorced? Shocked. It was such a strong foundation

tourguide said...

That's info that I don't want to divulge in the blog. If you really want to know, I'll e-mail it to you.

tourguide said...

That's info that I don't want to divulge in the blog. If you really want to know, I'll e-mail it to you.