Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Almost

I almost had you
I almost achieved transcendence
I almost loved
I almost satisfied my lust
For living

I really let you get away
I really am gone today
I could smell you
I could feel only a part of you
The rest still out of bounds

Heaven and Earth
Linked together in your flesh
If only I had acted earlier
Then I wouldn't wish I had
One chance and it never comes back

The top of Reno hill
You said I was different
Hoping it was a compliment
Jack and Jill
But only I fell down the hill
Oblique and Cryptic in a life Dyspeptic

Too many lines for beauty
Too many years to recover
Once over it's over
Never could find a four-leaf clover
One shot and the rifle kicked back at me

But now it's way past 1993, or 1985
Far more than five times five.
I've lost a life, more than twice.
Don't want to think about my body and the lice.
Never having felt anyone, only everyone's pain

I apologize, to all of you
So ready to give yourselves
Away, away to a black hole
I've got nothing but sorrow and pain in my soul
Keep Away, the sign reads in front, seconds from a subway train.

No comments: