Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wish

I wish she could see
How deep it all cuts to me
I wish I was a real boy
Then I wouldn't have to treat you like a toy

It's not so easy
Finding someone who understands
And the many times
That you for me took a stand

I just need some connection
So cut off and cast off
A long time since my inauguration
Into the world of pain and isolation.

I wish I could tell you
All the things you did for me
But all I really want
Is for someone else to be he

Who will heal your wounds
Who would dry your eyes
I can't stand thinking about what you're thinking about
And the tears to hold back you would try

Sir Galahad, rescue you from the world
Shelter you, protect you from what's real
And what it is with which we make a deal
Into my body I make a curl.

Sent as though from above
You gave me tears you gave me love
But I could not feel
With my compromised life, I could only make a deal

In panic, I cannot let you drift away
You're the only thing that makes it worth my day
Would that I could be what you want
And you to be what shall not haunt

Who else to understand?
Who else to make a man?
Who else to make me feel?
Who else is so surreal?

Take your body
Take your head
I want to lay you on a bed
Of roses and everything that's bled

No comments: